Benefits Open Enrollment 2017 is from May 1–13, 2017. Actively participate in Open Enrollment this year by reviewing your benefits coverage and taking advantage of this once a year opportunity to enroll or make changes to your benefit elections.
All changes will be effective July 1, 2017. The State Group Health plan premiums (or rates) and benefit plan designs will not change on July 1.
Highmark Delaware will continue to administer the First State Basic Plan and the Comprehensive PPO Plan.
New from Aetna
Aetna will be the only health plan administrator for the HMO Plan and the CDH Gold Plan as of July 1, 2017. The IPA/HMO Plan and CDH Gold Plan previously offered by Highmark Delaware will no longer be available effective July 1.
Are you currently enrolled in either the Highmark Delaware IPA/HMO or Highmark Delaware CDH Gold Plan?
- If you take no action during Open Enrollment, you will be automatically defaulted into the corresponding Aetna HMO Plan or Aetna CDH Gold Plan for the plan year that begins July 1.
- HMO members are required to select a Primary Care Provider (PCP). Employees who default or enroll in the Aetna HMO plan and do not select a PCP in Employee Self-Service during Open Enrollment will have one assigned to them by Aetna.
New resources will be available to help you make informed decisions.
- Mini-Videos and Emails (early April). Short, educational videos, plus targeted emails sent to employees strongly encouraging them to participate in Open Enrollment.
- Interactive Open Enrollment Benefits Guide (mid to late April). Replaces the standard, static Open Enrollment PDF booklet by using audio, screen interaction and navigation demos of the SBO website to help you learn about available benefits.
- myBenefitsMentor Consumer Decision Tool (late April). Personalized letter and online solution to help you choose the best health plan.
- Employee Education Sessions (late April) are available in each county.