Dear Conrad Families-
Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year at Conrad Schools of Science! I hope everyone had an exciting summer and is ready to start another successful school year. It has been a busy summer here at Conrad with many changes occurring around the campus. Most noticeably, you will see the completion of major upgrades to our outdoor athletic facilities, which will result in “college-standard” fields for our student-athletes. Administrators and teacher leaders are working hard to prepare for the school year and welcome everyone back. Most importantly, we look forward to welcoming our newest students- the 6th grade class (Class of 2026) and the 9th grade class (Class of 2023).
After a successful pilot year, start and end times will continue in the same format:
- 7:10- Students may enter the building.
- 7:25- Instruction begins. Students must be in class.
- 2:15- Instruction ends.
- 2:20- Buses depart.
- 2:30- All students must be off campus or with a supervised activity.
The first day of school for ONLY 6th and 9th grade students is August 26th with 7th, 8th, 10th, 11th, and 12th graders joining us the next day, August 27th. All students should report to their Homerooms once arriving at school on both days. Prior to this, I would also like to invite all families to a Walk-Through of our building on August 20th between 3:00p.m.-6:00p.m. Stop by, pick up your schedule, find your classrooms, and ask questions to some of our faculty members. In addition, we will hold our traditional and vitally important Open House to meet classroom teachers on September 23rd at 6:00 p.m.
While it seems as though we just finished celebrating another class of college ready graduates, it is important that we turn the page and focus all efforts on our vision and mission to begin another year:
- Our vision is to create an inclusive environment centered on fostering independent critical thinkers and inquiry-based problem solvers who meet their academic potential through a rigorous curriculum of project-oriented programs and real-world experiences.
- Our mission is to serve the Red Clay Consolidated School District as a 6th through 12th grade life science magnet school that promotes pride and ownership of education in an academically challenging learning community. This begins with an accelerated middle school program that prepares students to become diligent scholars of the bio-science pathways in the upper grades while maintaining a traditional high school experience. The goal is for students to graduate with the knowledge and skills to be college and career ready.
Please be reminded of our commitment to a safe, secure, and disciplined learning environment. Conrad will strictly follow the Red Clay Code of Conduct and the dress code approved by our community. Other details about the school can be found on our website at https://de01903704.schoolwires.net/conrad and follow us on social media @ConradRedWolves. Also, visit www.conradsports.com for information regarding our athletic program which begins high school practices for Fall Sports on August 12, 2019.
One final important reminder, drop off and pick up procedures will continue the same pattern in 2019-20. All car riders and student drivers will drop off and pick up in the back parking lot (enter Boxwood Rd, exit Victoria Ave). Buses will drop off and pick up in the front circle.
Secondary school is one of the most exciting and developmental periods of a person’s life. I encourage all of our students to work hard, get involved, and get it done… the CONRAD WAY! Feel free to contact us with questions.
Go Red Wolves!
Mark T. Pruitt, Jr.