Students who feel that their rights have been violated are entitled to:
- Provide a verbal and/or written explanation of the incident or violation to the school principal of the school or designee.
- Receive an explanation of the school policy or code of conduct that was violated.
- Receive written notification of disciplinary action connected with the violation.
- An appeal process which includes the state Director of Adult Education.
THE APPEAL PROCESS
- Students seeking an appeal must make a written request to the Director of Adult Education within three (3) business days to discuss the violation and disciplinary action.
- A response to schedule a meeting between the Director or designee and the student will be made within three (3) business days.
- A meeting between the student and the Director of Adult Education (or designee will be scheduled as soon as possible.
- If the decision is overturned in the appeal process, the student will be permitted to resume class without penalty for the absences accrued as a result of the appeal process, and with opportunity to complete all required assignments missed during that time.