Red Clay Meal Service Beginning March 17
Red Clay is committed to feeding our students in the event of school closures due to the COVID-19. We have formulated a collaborative plan between the Food & Nutrition Services Department and the Transportation Department in order to deliver meals to students in the community.
This plan will provide families an opportunity to receive meals for the children in their family, at a number of designated sites. Children must be present in order for meals to be provided, and meals will be available to all children under the age of 18.
A school bus will be parked at each of the following locations from 10:30 AM to 1:00 PM to distribute meals. Meal service will be starting at the first four sites on March 17. The additional sites will provide service on March 18, March 19, March 24, and March 26.
- Austin D. Baltz Elementary School, 1500 Spruce Ave, Wilmington, DE 19805
- Richardson Park Elementary School, 16 Idella Ave, Wilmington, DE 19804
- Stanton Middle School, 1798 Limestone Rd, Wilmington DE 19804
- Warner Elementary School, 801 W. 18th St, Wilmington, DE 19802
- Maple & Cypress (at the Park), Maple Ave & Sycamore Ave, Elsmere, DE 19805
- Wilmington Flea Market (Elizabeth Shopping Mall), 1902B Maryland Ave, Wilmington, DE 19805
- Manchester Arms Apartments, 2700 Boulevard Rd, Wilmington, DE 19805
- E. Willow Run & W. Gilpin Drive (Willow Run), Wilmington, DE 19805
- Newport Terrace Apartments, 100 Ethan Dr, Newport, DE 19804
- Christiana Court Apartments, 2020 W. Newport Pike, Stanton, DE 19804
- Absalom Jones, 310 Kiamensi Rd, Wilmington, DE 19804
- Cool Springs Park, 10th & Van Buren Streets, Wilmington, DE 19802
- Lancaster Court Apartments, 3201 Lancaster Ave., Wilmington, DE 19805
- William Judy Johnson Memorial Park (3rd & DuPont), West 3rd & N. Clayton St, Wilmington, DE 19805
- 5th Street and Cleveland Avenue (at the park), 5th St & Cleveland Ave (at the park)
- Shortlidge Academy, 100 W. 18th St., Wilmington, DE 19802
- Arbor Point Apartments, 4000 Dawnbrook Dr, Wilmington, DE 19804
- Murray Manor Trailer Park, 5600 Old Capitol Trail, Wilmington, DE 19808
- Jackson Ave & New St, Wilmington, DE 19808
- Marbrook Elementary School, 2101 Centerville Rd, Wilmington, DE 19808
At the time of service, children will receive a breakfast and lunch meal for each weekday between meal deliveries to ensure students have access to meals during the school closure, while also minimizing congregation in the community through daily deliveries.
This meal delivery service program is being provided for the exchange of meals to go only. Meals are not to be consumed on site. We encourage families to continue to be proactive in reducing the risk of COVID-19 by not congregating at the meal delivery site once meals have been distributed. Additionally, a reminder about what we can all do to help prevent the spread of germs:
- Wash your hands often, using soap and water (for at least 20 seconds) or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands;
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick;
- Stay home when you are sick;
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash – or use the bend of your elbow;
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces;
- Avoid handshakes for now; instead consider a friendly elbow bump.
For more information and the latest updates, please visit redclayschools.com/covid19.