Conrad School Based Health Center Now Open
The Conrad Schools of Science SBHC (School Based Health Center) opened on April 3rd, with the permanent staff of Michael Peyton, LCSW (Coordinator/Senior Social Worker); Oona Campanelli, NP (Nurse Practitioner); Diane Oliver, RD (Dietician); and Holly Gaul (Administrative Assistant).
The Conrad SBHC is a collaborative partnership of Christiana Care Health Services, Red Clay School District and the Delaware Department of Public Health. The SBHC is open each school day from 7:30-2:30pm, and accessible to each student 12 years and older who has submitted a SBHC consent and registration form to become a member.
The Conrad SBHC provides Conrad students with accessible health care and mental health services; focused on promoting on-going comprehensive physical and mental health, and improving students’ knowledge of preventive health care and assist them in developing healthy behaviors. Some of the SBHC services provided are the following:
- Assessment, diagnosis and treatment of minor illnesses and injury with referral for treatment of chronic illness and serious injury
- Physical examinations, including sports/employment physicals
- Immunizations in accordance with the Division of Public Health
- Mental Health counseling and education for emotional and social concerns regarding the student and/or home, school, or social environment
- Mental Health screening and assessment, with referrals made to community resources as appropriate.
- Nutrition Counseling
- Diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases
- Reproductive health services, including pregnancy screenings
- Collaboration with parents/family, and school faculty/staff if desired and as appropriate
We encourage all parents/guardians of Conrad students to complete and submit a consent and registration form to the Conrad SBHC for their student(s). Please feel free to contact us about our services or regarding the registration process. The registration form and information can be found at: Conrad SBHC Info.pdf
Conrad Schools of Science SBHC
201 Jackson Ave.
Wilmington, De 19805
Coordinator email: firstname.lastname@example.org