Welcome from Mrs. EnnisDear Cooke Families, Now that we know that we will be starting the new school year with virtual learning, I will be sending you weekly updates with as much specific information as possible about Cooke. First of all, "WELCOME!" to our newest Cooke families - kindergarten families and families with students in other grades who are new to Cooke. Please do not hesitate to e-mail or call me with questions or concerns. To those of you who are returning to Cooke, "WELCOME BACK!" I would also like to welcome our newest staff member, Mrs. Amy Samperisi, who is joining us as the library/media specialist because our former librarian, Mrs. Schweizer, took a homeroom teaching position at another Red Clay school.
Here is some information about the opening of school with some specifics that pertain to Cooke:
- All Red Clay Schools will begin with remote learning starting on September 8th. Please go to redclayschools.com for "Red Clay's Roadmap to Reopening."
- All students will receive a Chromebook, instructional materials, and school supplies to use at home. Please see the attached information regarding our pick-up days. If you cannot come in on the days or times listed, please let me know and I will make arrangements for a different date/time. Cooke Elementary Plan for Parents Picking up Student Materials and Chromebooks.docx Plan de la escuela primaria Cooke para que los padres recojan los materiales y las Chromebooks de los estudiantes.docx
- All yearbooks that were pre-ordered were mailed last week. You should have received yours by now. If you did not, please let me know and I'll send one out. If you are still interested in purchasing a yearbook, please let me know that, too, and I will put one aside for you.
- Please pass the word to your friends, family and neighbors if they have a child turning 5 by August 31st. The district has a new online registration form, which goes live today. To access the form go to www.schoolformsde.com . Parents who fill out the online registration do not need to complete hard copy application forms.
Parents will be able to:
Complete the registration packet online
Upload all forms (birth certificate, proofs of residency, etc)
Track their registration and receive communication from office staff, if additional information is requested
Change the language on the online form
- Teacher preference for families with twins: We have several sets of twins at Cooke. In the past, we have given parents the option of having the twins in separate classrooms or the same classroom. In light of on-line learning, please let me know your preference for your twins. Many of you have already told me that you want your twins to stay together. You don't have to send me another e-mail to tell me your preference, but if you want to verify that they are scheduled to be in the same classroom, just e-mail me and I'll check the rosters.
I know you probably have a lot more questions. Here are some things that we are working on that I will clarify as soon as I can:
- There will be a virtual meet-the-teacher. More information will follow on that. Homeroom teachers will contact families to tell you whom your child's homeroom teacher will be.
- We are working on the instructional schedule. There will be a daily schedule and students will be in virtual classes during the morning and early afternoon.
- Our PTA president, Mrs. Becky Brady, is working on a virtual PTA meeting schedule.
Thank you for your patience as we continue to work on a virtual/remote school opening for our students. I appreciate all you are doing to support us!
Linda Ennis, Principal
Cooke Elementary School