An Update from Red Clay Schools: October 1, 2020
Dear Red Clay families,
Thank you to everyone who tuned into our special webinar last night! We were able to answer many of your top questions about Red Clay’s phased reopening. We also provided a closer look at the new online platform Accelerate Education. Click here to view the webinar on Red Clay’s YouTube channel.
As a follow-up, we want to provide some important updates. We are listening to your questions and concerns about reopening. Here are some adjustments based on your recent feedback:
- We’ve extended the deadline for enrolling in Phase 2 to Friday, October 9 at 11:59 PM. This will allow an extra week to learn more about Red Clay Online and Red Clay on Campus. Please understand that the deadline is crucial for schools to be able to coordinate resources to serve students in Phase 2, including PPE, health and safety resources, staffing, transportation services, school meals, and facilities planning.
- Many of you are considering enrolling in Red Clay Online to continue your learning at home in the second marking period. To learn more about the new online platform Accelerate Education, click here to see how it works.
- Please see our new Reopening FAQs for more answers to your top questions. We will continue to add to this list to make sure you have the information you need as you weigh your options for the phased reopening.
New: COVID-19 Testing for Students Starts on October 5
Drive-through COVID-19 testing will be available for students in our area starting on October 5. This service is provided by New Castle County at a variety of locations in our district. We encourage all students to participate in testing.
- October 5 at Thomas McKean High School from 2:30 PM to 7:30 PM
- October 7 at Alexis I. du Pont High School from 2:30 PM to 7:30 PM
- October 10 at Conrad Schools of Science from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Students must pre-register for their COVID-19 test online using the link below.
In addition to the drive-through testing sites above, student testing is available at State Service Centers, Walgreens, or Public Health Clinics. Learn more here.