There are a number of changes to the USDA School Meals program for the 2022-23 school year.
Meal Prices for 2022-23
Meal prices are as follows:
- Elementary School Breakfast: No cost
- Elementary School Lunch: $1.50
- Secondary School Breakfast: $0.90
- Secondary School Lunch: $1.75
To apply for free or reduced-priced meals, please see below.
Free or Reduced-Price Meals
If your student attends one of the Red Clay schools listed below, your student is automatically eligible to receive meals at no cost through the Community Eligibility Provision of the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act. No Meal Benefit Application is required.
- Austin D. Baltz Elementary School
- Alexis I. du Pont High School
- Alexis I. du Pont Middle School
- Henry B. du Pont Middle School
- Forest Oak Elementary School
- The John Dickinson School
- Joseph E. Johnson School
- William C. Lewis Dual Language Elementary School
- Marbrook Elementary School
- Thomas McKean High School
- Meadowood Program
- Anna P. Mote Elementary School
- Red Clay Early Years Program
- Richardson Park Elementary School
- Richey Elementary School
- Skyline Middle School
- Evan G. Shortlidge Academy
- Stanton Middle School
- Warner Elementary School
If your student attends one of the Red Clay schools listed below, you must complete a Meal Benefit Application in order to apply for free or reduced-price meals. Complete it online or download a PDF (English / Spanish) and return it to your school’s main office.
- Brandywine Springs School
- Cab Calloway School of the Arts
- The Charter School of Wilmington
- Conrad Schools of Science
- Heritage Elementary School
- Linden Hill Elementary School
- North Star Elementary School
- William F. Cooke Jr. Elementary School
Waivers that were put in place as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic have ended.