Schoology Information for Families
What is Schoology?
Schoology is an online course management system that allows teachers to create and manage academic courses for their students. It provides teachers with a method of managing lessons, engaging students, sharing content, and connecting with other educators.
Important Note: If families created a Schoology account in the past, then they do not need to create another one and they do not need to be provided a new code. Parents/Guardians can use their old credentials to log in and are able to view their child's information.
- Parents or Guardians need to Sign up for a Parent Account in Schoology using the 12-digit code that was provided to them by their child's teacher or school at Schoology.com.
The district cannot retrieve your username (email account) or reset your password – please keep this information in a safe location – if you lose this information, you will need to complete the below items.
- If you lose your Schoology password, please select this link.
- If you lose the email address used to create your account, you will need to contact your student’s teacher to obtain a new access code and then create a new Schoology parent account.
- Next, Parents or Guardians decide if they need to set up their account for multiple children.
- Parents or Guardians navigate Schoology.
- Login to Schoology at Schoology.com.
- Login to Schoology using the iOS or Android app (Do not identify your school/domain. Press the blue button to log in through Schoology.)
- Set up or modify account notifications and email digests.
- Video showing parents how to create a Schoology account and navigate the platform.
- Schoology Home Page: Your Parent account compared to your child's Schoology information.
If families need help:
- Schoology Parent Help Center
- Presentation describing what Schoology is for parents
- My child changed schools. How can I change the school associated with my account?
- My child has graduated or changed districts. How do I delete my account?
- Email: Family.Helpdesk@redclayschools.com