Google also known as Google Workspace for Education is used by Red Clay because we have invested in Chromebooks in our district. Chromebooks and Google Workspace for Education are both Google products and therefore work best together. Google provides educators and students with unlimited storage in Google Drive. Users can store and share various files to the cloud and access them from any device at any time. All staff members and students have Google accounts in Red Clay.
How to sign in:
- Go to Google.com and click the blue Sign in button in the top right corner.
- In Data Service Center (DSC) teachers can locate usernames and passwords to help their students log in to their Google accounts.
- Log in DSC > DSC Web Reports and Search > AD Accounts by Course > Choose your name and class > Click Active Directory Listing
Where to locate Google:
- Sign into your Google account at Google.com. Click the waffle button in the top right corner to view the G Suite applications like Drive and Documents.
- Red Clay issues and owns the @redclayschools.com Google accounts for all staff members and students.
- Students will use their Red Clay Google credentials to log into their district issued Chromebook.
- All Google Workspace for Education users receive unlimited Google Drive storage. Access your files in Google Drive from anywhere.
- Teachers have two email accounts. The @redclayschools.com Gmail is your secondary email account. You can forward the email from the Gmail account to the primary email account that is used in Red Clay. This is your Outlook @redclay.k12.de.us email account. Click here to view a video that shows how to forward your Gmail to your Outlook email.
- Students in grades 6-12 have access to their @redclayschools.com Gmail accounts. Younger students do not have access to Gmail.
- Google Classroom is turned off in Red Clay because we use Schoology as our districtwide learning management system.
- Check out Google's Teacher Center to learn how to use the Google Workspace for Education applications.