School Wide Title 1 Parental Involvement Policy:
- Alexis I. duPont Middle School will put into operation programs, activities and procedures for the involvement of parents in all of its schools with Title I, Part A programs, consistent with section 1118 of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA). Those programs, activities and procedures will be planned and operated with meaningful consultation with parents of participating children.
- Consistent with section 1118, Alexis I. duPont Middle School will work with its parents to ensure that the required school-level parental involvement policies meet the requirements of section 1118(b) of the ESEA, and each include, as a component, a school-parent compact consistent with section 1118(d) of the ESEA.
- In carrying out the Title I, Part A parental involvement requirements, to the extent practicable, Alexis I. duPont Middle School will provide full opportunities for the participation of parents with limited English proficiency, parents with disabilities, and parents of migratory children, including providing information and school reports required under section 1111 of the ESEA in an understandable and uniform format and, including alternative formats upon request, and, to the extent practicable, in a language parents understand.
- If AI’s plan for Title I, Part A, developed under section 1112 of the ESEA, is not satisfactory to the parents of participating children, the school will submit any parent comments with the plan when the school submits the plan to the District.
- Alexis I. duPont Middle School will involve the parents of children served in Title I, Part A schools in decisions about how the 1 percent of Title I, Part A funds reserved for parental involvement is spent.
- Alexis I. duPont Middle School will be governed by the following statutory definition of parental involvement, and will carry out programs, activities and procedures in accordance with this definition:
Parental involvement means the participation of parents in regular, two-way, and meaningful communication involving student academic learning and other school activities, including ensuring—
- that parents play an integral role in assisting their child’s learning;
- that parents are encouraged to be actively involved in their child’s education at school;
- that parents are full partners in their child’s education and are included, as appropriate, in decision-making and on advisory committees to assist in the education of their child;
- The carrying out of other activities, such as those described in section 1118 of the ESEA
Updated Information: Please be sure that the office has your most current phone numbers and address. Remember to alert the office when your phone numbers change. Students are required to have shot records on file with the nurse. Failure to provide these records may mean removal from the school.