Skyline Support Association
The Skyline Support Association is Skyline’s parent/teacher support organization. We are an award-winning association dedicated to supporting the administration, the faculty, the families and ultimately, the students here at Skyline Middle School.
* Meetings – Administrative staff present at every meeting to answer your questions, guest speakers invited to cover important school and district initiatives. Join us at our next meeting! Dates below.
* Volunteer Opportunities – as little or as much as you can or want – there are many opportunities – everything from baking cookies to chaperoning dances – your student loves to see you just as much as we do!
* Bulletins and Newsletters –we publish every other month either a newsletter posted on the school website or a one page bulletin (comes home with your student) with articles and reminders from the administration, staff and students – watch for these important documents!
Thank you for your support!
Questions - please email us at SkylineSSA@yahoo.com .
The meeting dates for the rest of the year are:
Skyline Support Association Minutes
Attendees: See sign in sheet
President & Co- President: Natalie Outslay & Emily Lyons
Secretary: Melissa Maxwell
Treasurer: Christy Grazer
Call to Order and Opening Remarks
Natalie Outslay, Co-President, brought the meeting to order on January 10 at 7:03 p.m.
Mr. Rumpford, Vice Principal welcomed everyone and gave the Principal’s report:
- Parents will be notified by 2/28 regarding choice applications.
- An internet safety program in on its way for all grades called Go Gaurdian.
- JDG did a food drive for the holidays. They partnered with Nor Enterprises which donated Thanksgiving meals to senior citizens and families.
- Tip 411 Application- Anonymously report issues or concerns to Red Clay Public Safety Officer AJ Nowell.
- Geography Bee Winners:
1st Joseph Almakhadhi- 8th grade
2nd Yaa Asare-8th grade
3rd Giovanni Palermo-7th grade
- Vision to Learn van came in December. We had eight students return permission slips to screened. Seven students received glasses thanks to Ms. Muffley.
- 1/24th the American Heart Association will be holding assemblies to kick off a school-wide fundraiser.
- 2/1st will be a Skyline Twitter Take Over! If you do not have a Twitter account, check our website for access.
- Report cards will be sent home on February 1, 2019.
- Parent Conferences 2/12 from 3-6p.m. and 2/15 from 7:30a.m.-11:30a.m.
- Reading Inventory and Math Inventory Winter Testing began on 1/7 until 1/25.
- NAEP Testing for 8th Grade will be 2/6
- The 7th grade participated in Red Clay Food Truck Incentive
- Funkerson, a DOE representative, visited our Immersion Program on 1/9
- The 8th grade Hersey Park trip will be June 7th.
- PBS Skyline Pool party date is 5/31 (the SSA needs a parent volunteer to organize this event)
- Family night will be 3/7
- Bingo night will be back again this spring on 3/28. Lots parent volunteers
will be needed.
- The school play will run 3/9 and 3/10. Check our website for audition dates.
Afterschool Programs: Check on our website for days and times.
Lego Club Zumba Club Project Manhood Club Numbers Bee
Girls into Women Club Art Club Homework Club Yearbook Club
Upcoming: Chess/Game Club and Build a Bridge
Spring Sports: Begin March 1st for baseball, boys volleyball, softball and boys and girls track.
Check the website for additional information.
School Dances: (run by Greta Humphey): Sign up genius will be going out closer to the dances for volunteers.
All grades- 2/22nd
Memories Dance- 5/17th 8th grade only
Natalie Outslay reviewed the budget.
Upcoming SSA Meetings:
Thursday, 3/2 AVID presentation
Thursday, May 9th-TBD
Thursday, June 6th- elections for 2019-2020 and wrap-up
Skyline’s Website: www.edline.net/pages/RCSkyline
Instagram: Skyline Jaguars
- get Contact us at: SkylineSSA@yahoo.com
Staff Appreciation (run by Emily Lyons):
Souper Bowl staff luncheon Feb 1st
Please look for a sign up genius to volunteer! If you don’t fancy the kitchen, monetary donations will be accepted as well.
No School Dates:
January 18th- Teacher Grading Day
January 21st- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Guest Speaker: Dawn Paramore, Behavioral Health Consultant, spoke regarding teen depression and warning signs.
Meeting was adjourned at 8:30 p.m. Minutes will be posted on Skyline Website.
Please come out and support our school by attending meetings or volunteering for one of our events.
Skyline Support Association Secretary