SENIOR NEWS 1/29/19
GRAD MEETING/CAP & GOWN ASSEMBLY:
Was held on Tues., Jan. 29 - Order packets for cap, gowns were given out
- Order on Feb. 7 & 8 during all lunches or order online or by phone
- Order by the end of February before the price increases (current price $33.50 for package)
- If you plan to wear a gown from a student who graduated last year you will need to purchase a current tassel (please see bottom of order form - $8.95)
- If you plan to wear a gown from last year please stop by to see me or email me so we can make a note and you will not be bothered by late order forms,
- NO SHIPPING FEE if just ordering cap and gown package (will be delivered to school)
- ABSENT FOR MEETING? Extra packets available in guidance, main office and room 202
DIPLOMA NAME CHANGE FORMS:
Will be given out in HR week of Feb. 4 and are DUE by Thur., Feb. 14th.
- This is your one chance to adjust the name on your diploma.
- Return forms to HR teacher or room 202 - late changes will not be able to be made.
MANDATORY REHEARSAL on Thursday, May 30th at A.I.H.S. in the school auditorium, you must attend if you plan to walk at the ceremony. Please begin to plan appropriately so that you can attend. Practice will run 9-11 am.
A.I.H.S. graduation will take place on Saturday, June 1st at 12:30 pm at the new 87ers Field House on the Wilmington RIverfront. We have no other details to share at this time but will as soon as the district releases additional information.
- Seating will be limited as location is smaller than the Bob
- Tickets will not be sold - students will all be given a set number of tickets at the conclusion of graduation rehearsal.
$10 for short sleeve - room 202 / CASH ONLY
- Seniors should wear senior shirts on Tues. 2/19 - Class of 2019 Tiger Pride Spirit Day
Open to any senior who has paid their dues IN FULL by Thur., Jan. 31
- Seniors with dues paid IN FULL will be entered into a drawing to be eligible to win one ½ price prom ticket. Three seniors will be picked as winners.
- Tune in to Tiger Pride News on Friday 2/1/19 to see drawing.
Class dues are now being collected in ROOM 202. You only owe for the years you have attended A.I.. Please stop by room 202 to see what you owe.
- Freshman year $5, sophomore year $10, junior year $15, senior year $20
- You can not buy a prom ticket until you pay your dues.
- Dues must be paid by Thurs., May 30th.
Prom tickets go on sale to SENIORS ONLY the week of March 4th.
- Tickets will cost $85 each and you must have all dues paid and no outstanding school obligations to purchase a ticket.
- If you are bringing a guest from outside A.I. you must have a guest form completed and signed before you will be able to purchase the guest ticket.
- Tickets will increase in price $5 each week after sales begin.
- Prom is being held on Saturday, May 18th at Executive Banquet & Conference Center located at 205 Executive Dr, Newark, DE 19702 (off 896 south of Glasgow High School)
COLLEGE ACCEPTANCE LETTERS:
You can begin turning in college acceptance letters on Fri., Feb. 1 to room 202
- Letters granting admission to a college, university, trade school or job training program are welcome.
- Bring letters to room 202. You will receive a special treat and be invited to our school day celebration on Wed., May 1st - National College Acceptance Day
Questions about any information shared at the meeting or on this form please feel free to contact Tanya Standarowski at 651-2626 X 202 or firstname.lastname@example.org