RCPAC MEETING REMINDER
- Strengthen the Federal commitment to assuring access to equal educational opportunity for every individual;
- Supplement and complement the efforts of states, the local school systems, the private sector, public and private nonprofit educational research institutions, community-based organizations, parents, and students to improve the quality of education;
- Encourage the increased involvement of the public, parents, and students in Federal education programs;
- Promote improvements in the quality and usefulness of education through Federally supported research, evaluation, and sharing of information;
- Improve the coordination of Federal education programs;
- Improve the management of Federal education activities; and
- Increase the accountability of Federal education programs to the President, the Congress, and the public.
These programs include, but aren’t limited to resources such as: IDEA, Title I Part A, Title II Part A, Title III, McKinney-Vento Homeless Program, Carl D. Perkins Career & Technical Education Act; 21st Century Community Learning Center (CCLC) Funds, i3 innovation grants, Promise Neighborhoods, Race To the Top, and much more.
Who's in our office?
- Michael Simmonds, Director of Federal & Regulated Programs
- Jen Jeanes, Executive Secretary
- Lou Mingione, Education Associate Career & Technical Education/Perkins
- April Anderson, McKinney-Vento Liaison
- Mandy Pennington, District Lead Nurse
- Barry Kirk, Private School Liaison