The Great Red Clay Walking Challenge!
April 9th to May 18th
When Red Clay Walks Together, We Work Better
- What to Expect:There will be group walks planned throughout the challenge (bonus points for group walks!) and weekly challenges and tips! Weekly Emails will be sent for tracking steps.
- Win Some Swag!The first 50 participants to sign up will get some wellness Swag!
- RSVP for Opening Walk April 11th!At Delcastle Park at 5:00 pm April 11th (rain date TBA)- Pick up a pedometer if you need one, schedule of group walks, free calorie assessment and accompanying standard meal plan, Free vitals scan by registered nurse, free foot assessment by Delaware Running Company to get shoe recommendation and get your first 1.75 mile walk timed! Come for some healthy drinks and snacks as well!
- Sign-Up ($3 fee):Please give to your school secretary and sign-off on the sign-up sheet in office
- Winner!The Team with the most steps will win the Challenge! (for those who wish to run or bike during the challenge you may, and your exercise will be converted into steps in your weekly log).
- Tracking: should be done with a pedometer, iphone or other step tracking devise. Steps will be logged weekly through reminder emails.
- Be Your Own Measuring Stick: Track your vital signs throughout the challenge by making a pre/post visit with your nurse to measure Blood Pressure, Heart Rate and/or Waist to Hip ratio. Make a visit March 19-29th! Otherwise you can get this checked at the opening walk on April 11th!
Walk with us as a District, May 20th, at Rehoboth Beach for the Delaware Breast Cancer Walk. View sign-up information here: https://raceroster.com/events/2018/7984/9th-annual-de-feet-breast-cancer-5k-runwalk
Contact Wellness Committee if you need a pedometer!
March 19 - March 29th! Visit Your Nurse! (voluntary)
Make an appointment with school nurse to measure your vitals pre-challenge and post-challenge to see how you have improved!
Get Connected to Red Clay Employee Wellness!
Sign up with Schoology and Join the Wellness Course
Access Code to be used under "Courses" 4R8VF-VNCF3
Check out EdTV to see Highlights from the Great Red Clay Fitness Challenge this past Fall 2017
Bike to the Bay:
Red Clay School District Team Wins Outstanding First Year Team and Gold Fundraising Award
We Rasied $10,168
SCHOOL BASED WELLNESS CHAMPIONS
A.I High School
Basara Kristy M & Jodi Muffley
Trevor Steel & Mario Rivera
Michelle Morton & Christina Mikijanic
Kathleen Bugbee & Anne Thompson
Alisha Dancy & Maria Berrios
Matt Keen & Mary Youse (becky)
A.I. Middle School