Instructional Technology Announcements!
Novemeber 13, 2017: Now you can visit planets and moons in Google Maps! Learn more about this new innovation by clicking the links below!
- Space out with planets in Google Maps - Google Blog
- Access Mars: The real surface of Mars recorded by NASA's Curiosity Rover: https://accessmars.withgoogle.com/
- Google Maps Planets and Moons - Zoom all the way out by pressing the minus sign to choose a different world to explore!
November 6, 2017: The cyber security workforce gap continues to grow and it is essential for parents, teachers, administrators, program directors, and others to take the lead on introducing cyber security to our State's students. The NSA Day of Cyber, sponsored by the National Security Agency and powered by the LifeJourney technology, is an online, self-guided career exploration and mentorship platform that enables students to test-drive cyber careers and live a day in the life of six leading NSA cyber professionals. Each student will receive a Cyber Resume and Certificate of Completion signed by the NSA.
The NSA Day of Cyber experience is available, at no cost, to be run by schools and organizations anytime between October 11, 2017 through March 31, 2018. This event does not need to be held on one particular day. Schools and teachers can register to participate. The program is free and available online to anyone in grades 9-12. Read Governor Carney's School Challenge letter here!
November 3, 2017: Join us for our next Instructional Technology Night on November 29, 2017. This month's topics will revolve around Math in Technology. All teachers are welcome to attend because many topics are applicable to other content areas. Click here to learn more! Bring a friend and see you there!
October 30, 2017: Technology is changing every industry on the planet, and computer science has become relevant to a wide range of careers—even those outside technology and engineering. For millions of students, the Hour of Code will be an inspiring introduction to crucial 21st century skills.
The Hour of Code week is from December 4 - 10, 2017. Sign up to join the event by clicking here!
October 23, 2017: Join us on Wednesday, October 25 from 4:15 - 6:15 pm in the Dickinson High School library for our Instructional Technology Night! Check out the agenda and the session options! EPER will be offered!
- 4:15 - 4:30 pm - Welcome
- 4:30 - 5:10 pm - Session #1:
- Choose 1 of these sessions to attend: Live Feedback w/ the Google Assignment App, Blended Learning in Action, or Adventures in Google Maps.
- 5:10 - 5:20 pm - 10 minute break and session change
- 5:20 - 6:00 pm - Session #2:
- Choose 1 of these sessions to attend: Live Feedback w/ the Google Assignment App, Blended Learning in Action, and Engagement w/ SMARTLab.
- 6 - 6:15 pm - Q & A, try out what you just learned, and conclude.