All Red Clay educators and students have access to Pear Deck Premium!
Pear Deck Premium includes additional features like the Teacher Dashboard, student paced mode for asynchronous learning or centers, the draggable and drawing question types, the immersive reader, audio slides, and individual student feedback.
Pear Deck and the Instructional Technology team offered multiple Professional Development sessions throughout last school year regarding Pear Deck. Click here to choose a session or watch a video that interests you.
Choose which access option works best for you:
- Option 1:
- Open an exisiting Google Slides presentation or create a new Google Slides presentation.
- Click Add-ons in the top menu.
- Click Pear Deck for Google Slides Add-on
- Click Open Pear Deck Add-on
- You can also click on in the menu bar to launch Pear Deck.
- Use the Pear Deck pop out on the right to add or change exisiting slides into interactive question slides or add and modify slides from the template library.
- Remember, not every slide in your presentation needs to be a Pear Deck interactive slide. You can still have slides with no student interaction.
- Option 2:
- Click the Pear Deck icon in ClassLink to be automatically logged in or go to app.PearDeck.com and log in as a Teacher using your Red Clay Google account credentials.
- Click create lesson. This will create a new Google Slides presentation for you. You can add Pear Deck interactive slides to your new lesson from the Pear Deck pop out on the right.
Each building has 1 or 2 Pear Deck Lead Teachers. Usually, this is the school’s librarian. Contact them if you have questions or need help using Pear Deck. You can also email Courtney Kalbach or Karen Ammann.
Pear Deck Tutorial Videos
- Short Videos from Pear Deck
- Pear Deck Knowledge Base
- The Five Interactive Question Types
- Using Pear Deck in Zoom
Additional Pear Deck Resources:
- Register for a Pear Deck Webinar
- Self-Paced Training Decks
- Pear Deck Training Institute
- Remote and In-Class Learning with Pear Deck Webinar Recording
- Pear Deck Flashcard Factory
- Are you a PowerPoint user? Don't worry, you can still use Pear Deck!
- Pear Deck for Littles
- Newsela and Pear Deck Team Up for Daily Deck presentations
- Add an EdPuzzle Video to your Pear Deck Presentation
- Share a copy of your Pear Deck presentation with another teacher to use - the teacher should make a copy of the Google Slides presentation
- Be sure to use the Pear Deck Teacher Dashboard when presenting your Pear Deck lessons
- Use Student Takeaways - Students get a copy of their answers and the slides
- Reflect & Review is a feature that lets you and your students review all responses when the Session is closed.
- Utlitize the Pear Deck integration in Schoology - add your Pear Deck presentations directly into Schoology for students to access - best used during asynchronous learning
- Click the Share button in slides to share your Google slides presentation with another teacher. Other teachers can use Pear Deck using your slides with their classes as well. Click here to more help.
- Tips for Launching & Organizing Pear Deck for Multiple Class Sections
- Check out these Pear Deck lesson examples to help you spark lesson ideas
- What websites can be embedded into a Pear Deck Web Slide?
- Using Pear Deck with Google Slides Captions